maanantai 14. huhtikuuta 2014

The lucky one

As I was gazing at the grey Monday morning with my coffee cup and a bit sad song on the background, I realized how amazing people I have around me. Here, far, in the past and hopefully in the future.

I don't know whether it was my hormones, the first healthy day after a sick week or the fact that such small yet so grand things happened to me the past days that, all of a sudden, I bursted into tears.
  • Three long emails from friends living oceans apart from me saying they're doing great and that they cannot wait the moment when we meet again.
  • Eating candy with a cousin you haven't seen for a while and hearig that she's really happy – and then receiving a message afterwards saying "You're lovely".
  • Having the most optimistic and lively person on this planet to tell you that "I like you" after a cup of tea and sympathy on a rainy, melancholic day. 
  • Reading a note on Facebook from a friend who you haven't realized you miss so much.
  • Skyping with another friend for two hours just to hear she's got an amazing internship and a new start.
  • Gathering around a table with a huge group at a Turkish restaurant and laughing so much it hurts while the other table gives mean (and jealous) glances at you.
  • Meeting with relatives over an awesome brunch and figuring out that your family rocks.
  • Surprising someone with friends, cakes and pizza on a Sunday night.
I am so damn lucky. Holy fuck.

I know this is sentimental, cheesy and most likely really tacky, but screw it: 

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You know who you are, and you mean so much to me.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti